Panama City Theft Crime Lawyers
Have You Been Accused of Theft? Call Hinson Law Offices Today
If you have been arrested for or charged with a theft crime in Florida, you need to contact Hinson Law Offices as soon as possible. Our Panama City theft crime attorneys can help you fight your charges and protect your rights.
We can provide aggressive defense for all theft crime charges, including:
At Hinson Law Offices, we know that the best way to defend you against theft crimes is to attack the prosecution's evidence. We will work hard to ensure that any evidence against you is legally obtained and that your constitutional rights were not violated during the investigation or your arrest. Our theft crime attorneys in Panama City will also work to protect your reputation and help you avoid the social stigma that often comes with being charged with a crime.
What Is the Penalty for Theft in Florida?
Theft crimes are considered to be "crimes against property." As such, the penalties for such crimes are often severe and can include large fines, jail time, probation, and restitution. The penalties for these crimes are generally based on the value of the property that was stolen. For example, conviction of theft of a $150 item, would be a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by, among other penalties, up to 12 months in jail. However, theft of an item valued at $150,000 would be a 1st degree felony punishable, among other penalties, by up to 30 years in prison.
The penalties for a felony conviction can include a prison sentence of up to 30 years and/or a fine of up to $10,000. Additionally, if you are convicted of a felony, you will lose certain rights, including the right to vote, the right to own a firearm, and the right to serve on a jury.
Defending Against Theft Charges
If you have been accused of theft in Panama City, it is crucial to seek legal representation from experienced theft crime lawyers. At Hinson Law Offices, our dedicated team of attorneys has extensive knowledge and expertise in defending clients against theft charges.
When facing theft allegations, it is important to remember that you are innocent until proven guilty. Our skilled attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific circumstances.
Here are some ways our Panama City theft crime attorneys can help:
- Legal Guidance: We will explain the charges against you, the potential penalties, and the legal options available to you.
- Evidence Evaluation: Our attorneys will carefully examine the evidence presented by the prosecution to identify any weaknesses or inconsistencies that can be used in your defense.
- Negotiation: If appropriate, we will negotiate with the prosecution to potentially reduce the charges or penalties you may face.
- Defense Strategy: Our experienced attorneys will develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your case, which may include challenging the evidence, questioning witnesses, or presenting alternative explanations.
- Courtroom Representation: We will represent you in court and vigorously advocate for your rights and interests throughout the legal process.
Contact Our Panama City Theft Crime Attorneys Today
If you have been charged with a theft crime, it is imperative that you speak with a skilled and knowledgeable theft crime attorney in Florida. At Hinson Law Offices, we have handled numerous cases and have helped countless clients. We have a proven track record of success and have obtained dismissals and acquittals for many of our clients.
We believe in empowering our clients by providing them with transparent communication every step of the way.
We take a hands-on approach and will even visit clients in jail on a monthly basis.
We show the prosecution that we mean business by aggressively preparing your case from the minute you hire us.
Hinson Law Offices leverages more than 25 years of legal experience.