Drug Crime Attorneys in Panama City
Committed to Building a Relationship Based On Trust
If you or someone you know has been arrested for a drug crime, you need to contact a skilled attorney from Hinson Law Offices as soon as possible. Our firm has the experience, knowledge, and determination to help you fight the charges against you and protect your rights. We bring over 25 years of legal experience. Our Panama City drug crime lawyers understand the prosecution's strategies and tactics, and we can use that knowledge to help you.
What Is Considered a Drug Crime?
Drug crimes are considered some of the most serious criminal offenses in Florida. These charges can result in some of the harshest penalties, including lengthy prison sentences and steep fines.
Drug crimes can include:
- Possession of drugs
- Possession with intent to sell
- Manufacture of drugs
- Trafficking of drugs
- Sale of drugs
- Prescription fraud
- Use of a controlled substance
Drug crimes can be charged as either a felony or a misdemeanor, depending on the circumstances surrounding the crime and the specific charge. Some types of drug crime can be charged as a first-degree misdemeanor, which is the most serious misdemeanor charge. This charge can result in up to one year in jail and up to $1,000 in fines.
Penalties for Drug Crimes
The penalties for drug crimes can be severe, depending on the type of drug crime, the amount of drugs involved, and other circumstances, for instance:
- A first-degree misdemeanor for possession of 20 grams of marijuana or less can result in up to one year in jail
- A third-degree felony for possession of mescaline with intent to sell can result in up to 5 years in prison
- A second-degree felony for possession of thenylfentanyl with intent to sell can result in up to 15 years in prison
- A first degree felony for the sale or delivery of 10 grams or more of thenylfenanyl can result in up to 30 years in prison
We Prioritize Communication & Compassion
If you have been charged with a drug crime, you need to contact a Panama City drug crime defense attorney from Hinson Law Offices as soon as possible. We have the experience and knowledge to help you fight your charges and protect your rights.
We believe in empowering our clients by providing them with transparent communication every step of the way.
We take a hands-on approach and will even visit clients in jail on a monthly basis.
We show the prosecution that we mean business by aggressively preparing your case from the minute you hire us.
Hinson Law Offices leverages more than 25 years of legal experience.