Panama City Restraining Order Attorneys
Understanding Restraining Order Laws in Florida
A restraining order is a court order that prohibits a person from engaging in certain behaviors. For example, a restraining order can prohibit a person from contacting another person in certain ways, such as by phone, mail, email, or in person. It can also prohibit a person from coming near another person's home or work. A restraining order can be granted in cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, and can be issued for the protection of the victim. Our restraining order lawyers in Panama City can help protect your rights and best interests if you are facing this type of issue.
What Are the Requirements for a Restraining Order?
In order for a court to grant a restraining order, the victim must show that he or she has experienced domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking by the defendant. The victim must also show that he or she fears for his or her safety if a restraining order is not granted. A judge will base the decision to grant a restraining order on the facts of the case, the victim's testimony, and the defendant's testimony.
The types of restraining orders include:
- No contact restraining order
- Protective restraining order
- Restraining order after conviction
- Restraining order after stalking
How Does someone Get a Restraining Order?
To get a restraining order, you must:
- Go to the county court in the county where the alleged act or crime occurred
- Fill out a petition for a restraining order
- Have the petition notarized
- Include specific facts about the incident
- Include information about the victim's relationship to the defendant
- Include information about the victim's fear of the defendant
- Include information about the victim's fear of future violence
- Have a hearing
When you are ready to protect yourself in the face of a restraining order, Hinson Law Offices is here to help. Call our Panama City restraining order attorneys at (850) 403-6348 or fill out our online contact form today.
We believe in empowering our clients by providing them with transparent communication every step of the way.
We take a hands-on approach and will even visit clients in jail on a monthly basis.
We show the prosecution that we mean business by aggressively preparing your case from the minute you hire us.
Hinson Law Offices leverages more than 25 years of legal experience.