Manslaughter Attorneys in Panama City
Your Trusted Team for a Fair Defense
Manslaughter is a serious charge that can have life-altering consequences. It carries the potential for significant jail time, fines, probation, and other criminal penalties. If you or someone you love has been charged with manslaughter in Panama City, it’s important to seek legal representation from an experienced attorney who understands the complexities of this type of case and will fight tirelessly on your behalf.
At Hinson Law Offices, we are dedicated to providing a strong defense for our clients facing these charges. Our attorneys have over 25 years of legal experience handling cases involving manslaughter and other violent crimes in Panama City and throughout Florida. We understand the gravity of the situation and take a hands-on approach when working with clients to ensure their rights are protected at every stage of the process.
We know how stressful this situation can be for those involved – emotionally, financially, and legally – which is why we strive to provide personalized attention as well as compassionate care during such difficult times. Our mission is simple: To build trust between us by communicating openly so that together we can work towards achieving your desired outcome in your case.
In a situation as serious as this, time is not on your side. Don’t wait to get the legal assistance you need. Let Hinson Law Offices fight for your rights and work hard to achieve a fair resolution in your manslaughter case.
What does Florida Law Say About Manslaughter?
Manslaughter is a criminal offense in the state of Florida that involves recklessly or intentionally causing the death of another human being without premeditation.
Penalties for Manslaughter:
- Up to 15 years imprisonment and/or fines up to $10,000
- Aggravated Manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult Up to 30 years imprisonment and/or fines up to $15,000
- Aggravated Manslaughter of a child. Up to 30 years imprisonment and/or fines up to $15,000
- Aggravated Manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an EMT, or a parmedic. Up to 30 years imprisonment and/or fines up to $15,000
If you are facing charges of manslaughter, the experienced criminal defense lawyers at Hinson Law Offices can provide a strong defense on your behalf. We understand that each case is unique and handle all of our cases with the utmost care and attention to detail. Our primary goal is to get your charges dismissed or reduced so that you can move forward with your life.
Legal Defenses Against Manslaughter Charges in Bay, Washington, & Surrounding Counties
- Self-defense: If the defendant was acting in self-defense when they caused the death of another person, then they may be able to argue that the killing was justified as their actions were necessary to protect themselves or another individual from harm or death.
- Mistake of fact: A mistake of fact occurs when a person believes something is true but it turns out not to be true. This could significantly reduce manslaughter charges if applicable.
- Insanity defense: In some cases, defendants can use an insanity defense where they plead not guilty by reason of insanity (NGRI). In order to successfully use this defense, the defendant must be able to demonstrate that they were not in control of their mental faculties at the time of the killing.
- Lack of evidence: In some cases, there may not be enough evidence for a manslaughter conviction. If this is the case, then it may be possible for your attorney to have the charges dismissed or reduced.
Take Action Now
At Hinson Law Offices, we understand how overwhelming and frightening this situation can be, which is why we will work hard to provide personalized attention and compassionate care throughout every stage of your case. We are committed to building a trustworthy relationship with our clients based on good communication and an unyielding dedication to pursuing a positive outcome.
Don’t wait to get the legal assistance you need. Contact Hinson Law Offices today at (850) 403-6348 or complete our online form to request a free consultation and learn more about how we can help protect your rights and achieve a fair resolution in your manslaughter case. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
We believe in empowering our clients by providing them with transparent communication every step of the way.
We take a hands-on approach and will even visit clients in jail on a monthly basis.
We show the prosecution that we mean business by aggressively preparing your case from the minute you hire us.
Hinson Law Offices leverages more than 25 years of legal experience.